CBV’s sell-side due diligence practice lowers the level of risk associated with a transaction and vastly improves the desired outcome for the business owner. CBV’s transaction management service lowers costs, speeds the process and maximizes the value of the business.
- Target the optimal investor group – strategic vs. financial sponsor.
- Achieve higher valuation by avoiding price reductions.
- Increase buyer/investor confidence by reducing uncertainty.
- Lower transaction costs by accelerating the time to close.
- Reduce disruption to the organization.
The Financial Narrative: accounting matters but to be effective financial data needs to be woven in with an analysis that includes the context of operating metrics and market factors.
The Business Plan: position the company with a compelling growth story in a format familiar to, and welcomed by, professional investors.
Organizational Readiness: Management must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and control over the business’s operating activities and financial performance.
Transaction Team: CBV will lead the assembly of a qualified and cost effective team necessary to negotiate and close the transaction.
Project Management: provide accountability and continuity in the transaction process by managing multiple work streams and project interdependencies.